Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Yo from Alice Springs!

I'm still here in the Outback, recovering from the first part of the my tour in the Top End of Australia which included camping in Kakadu and Litchfield and in Katherine gorge as well.

Phew, Alice Springs is small. Australia's big, but the world small. Yesterday, in the Internet Outpost, the only internet cafe here, I sent an e-mail to a girl I befriended back in NZ on our Contiki tour right after I wrote to you. It turned out that she was here (which was not in her original plans) and that she was sitting right behind me at the same Internet Café. Soooo funny! Five weeks later, in a different country, AND the only girl from the NZ tour that I'm really keeping in touch with! Anyways, we caught up, exchanged stories on travelling up the East Coast and Fiji (she went backpacking there, not such a good idea, got bedbugs and all). She booked an tour for Uluru and was travelling up to Darwin afterwards to check out Kakadu. Can't get over the fact that we met again in Australia, in the middle of nowhere, five weeks after having said Adios! Anyways, some things are meant to happen. She warned me that nights in Uluru are really cold this time of year (down to 3-4-5 degrees Celsius) and because I left my fleece in Sydney with a friend to bring back to Canada, she lent me hers as she won't need it in the Top End. Then I'll send it home to her - she'll be back home in Toronto. Cool, eh?

Anyways, the day after next, we're off to Uluru (camping in swags again) and then the Olgas and Kings Canyon. Will pass lots of film there! Nothing exciting in Alice. Just planning to see Star Wars tomorrow, that's all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment